My New Condo

Having lived in houses ever since I was born, I've decided to spend the rest of my life in a condominium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Maid Is the First Reason

I have never thought of living in a condominium until this thing happened. In 1994, if I remember correctly, I found out that my long-time maid turned to be dishonest. Her name was "Puk" and she had worked for us for over 15 years. She was my son's nanny, chef, waitress, maid, all-in-one. She took care of everything in the house and I could trust her completely. Puk was a lively and popular girl in the neighborhood. Everybody in the soi knew her. I guess it was this popularity that caused her a misfortune. One day she decided to become a "Tao Chair", whose duty was to collect money from members and lend it to the one who offered to pay the biggest interest. The benefit of the "Tao Chair" is that she gets the money first, without having to pay the interest. Her members were her friends who lived in the soi, including my mother's driver and my other maid. After collecting money for a couple of months, she had a money problem so she spent the money collected from other members. When due date came, she had no choice but to steal my mother's charity money. It went on like this for some time until my mother suspected that her charity money had disappeared. After questioning, Puk confessed and I asked her to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home