My New Condo

Having lived in houses ever since I was born, I've decided to spend the rest of my life in a condominium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Monday, August 28, 2006

Questions

Now that I have decided to live in the condominium, I have to think which one I am going to buy. Should it be a brand new or second-handed one? Where should it be located? How large is it? How much does it cost? What about the existing house? What am I going to do with it? A lot of questions came to mind.

Where should it be located?
I have lived in Sukhumvit area since I was born. My parent's house is in Soi 39 (Phrom Pong). My existing house is in Soi 65 (Chaiyapruek). Although the traffic is very bad, I am used to living here. I spend most of my life in Sukhunvit area. I go to see the doctors at Samittivej Hospital, go shopping at the Emporium or Central Chidlom, go to the movies at Major Cineplex-Ekamai or SFX-Emporium. My usual restaurants are in Soi Thonglor and Soi Ekamai. I usually buy groceries at Villa Supermarket-Thong Lor or Soi Klang (49), Fuji Supermarket in Soi 39, and Big C in Soi Ekamai. It is quite convenient for the transportation. When I drive, I can choose Sukhumvit, Rama 4, or Petchburi. I can also go to places via BTS Skytrains or MRT underground trains. I am too familiar with places around here to move anywhere. Therefore I've decided to live in Sukhumvit area.

How large?
We need three bedrooms and bathrooms, a large living room, a dining room, a kitchen, a room for maid(s), and a storage room. We also need a lot of shelves and cabinets because we have quite a lot of books, movies DVD, music disc, etc. In addition, Dear has a lot of computers and accessories. Approximately 220-270 square meters of spaces seem to be the most suitable size of condo that we need.

Brand new or a second-hand?
A new condominium in Sukhumvit area is very, very expensive. The prices range from Baht 60,000-over Baht 100,000 per square meter. Second-hand condos are much cheaper, at around Baht 35,000-Baht 50,000 per square meter. A new 250-sq.m.-condominium costs approximately Baht 15-30 million whereas a second-hand one costs Baht 10-12.50 million. If I buy a second-hand one which is still in good condition, I can save a lot of money. I then can use the saved money for decoration purposes. Yes, I think I will buy a second-hand condominium.

What am I going to do with the existing house?

My house is still in very good condition. It has just been repainted and refurnished two years ago. The best solution is to sell it. However, it is very difficult to sell the house at very good prices. If I cannot find the buyer, I may consider renting it. Somebody told me that I may be able to rent to foreigners who prefer a house to a tall building.

I conclude to myself that I will buy a second-hand condominium located in the Sukhumvit area, between Soi Asoke and Soi Ekamai. I will need a total usable area of approximately 220-270 sq.m. The total cost should not be over Baht 13 million.I will try to find the buyer for my existing house. If I can't or the price is not right, I may then consider renting it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home